Thursday, August 5, 2010

Is it reasonable to ask for bridesmaids to pay for their dresses and i would pay for hair and nails,shoes?

hair and nails the day of the wedding.Is it reasonable to ask for bridesmaids to pay for their dresses and i would pay for hair and nails,shoes?
Yes but you need to consult with your bridesmaids about what price range they can afford for the dress. $150 is about average. If you choose a dress more expensive than the number they give you then you will need to pay the difference. If you have one girl who can afford less than the others then you must choose a dress based on the LOWEST number.





Just because they accepted doesn't mean they are suddenly made of cash so make sure they can afford a dress before you fall in love.Is it reasonable to ask for bridesmaids to pay for their dresses and i would pay for hair and nails,shoes?
Typically the bridesmaids pay for everything except jewelry. The jewelry is typically gifted to them at the rehearsal dinner.
Yes, the bridesmaids traditionally buy their own dresses. Just be conscientious of their financial situation, and body types.
absoutely. It has always been pretty standard in the weddings that I have been in.
Absolutely!! Tradition states that bridesmaids handle all their own expenses-dress, hair, lodging, everything. I too, think that's ridiculous to expect them to do. They all bought their dresses and their own shoes/accessories, but I plan to pay for the hair stylist to come out to the hotel that morning, and I am covering their hotel rooms for that weekend.


Rock on for being willing to cover your bridesmaids' other expenses. I know they'll really appreciate it!!
maybe u can share ur budget with ur bride.. my hubby and i make like that during our weeding day.. but u must discuss with the bride first for her confirmation..
I have been in two weddings and have paid for my dresses both times. Dresses, shoes, etc. At one i was given handmade jewelry from the bride. I don't think it's unreasonable to ask them to pay for it...I would consult about prices but it's generally assumed that the bridesmaids will pay for their own dresses (unless they know you are super well off).
I think noadays most expect to pay for them. It is not rude at all, I am doing the same thing. I also have a seamstress in the family and we are doing hte same thing. It is very nice of you to get their hair and nails done too. I am doing that as well. Plus it helps that one of my bridesmaids is a professional makeup artist ;-) But that is not why I chose her.


Good Luck on your marriage!
Honey wait you will have enough to spend your money on. Your bridesmaids and the maid of honor are supposed to pay for their own dresses and their hair and nails and shoes and everything else. If you want to treat them to the nail salon as your gift to them OK but you are not obligated to pay for any of their stuff.... except for the flowers they will carry and your groom is responsible for those.
yes most of the time they pay for their dresses, my girls bought theirs, and their shoes, I am paying for little extras, jewelry to wear on the wedding day, stuff to wear for the bachelorette party, shawls and pedicures and manicures they are paying for their hair, were paying for everything ourselves so its hard for us to shell out extra money for that too
I agree with pspoptart, I think it sounds great (I know I had to pay for my own hair nails and shoes when I was a bridesmaid!) Just please discuss ahead of time what they can and cannot afford!!


Have fun!
yes that is fine.





my bridesmaids paid for their dresses and hair. though the hair was optional (2 opted out). i didn't specify shoes or nails or anything else.
Yes, bridesmaids usually pay for their own dresses, shoes, hair, and nails as well as any necessary transportation and lodging. Paying for their hair, nails, and especially shoes is very generous of you.
Yes, that is fine. I have never heard of a bride that paid for the bridesmaid's dresses anyway. I know that was popular a long time ago (in the 1960s), but it hasn't been done since. Unless of course, the bride has the money and wants to!





Offering to pay for hair, nails and the shoes would be very generous.
As far as traditions go, it is customary for the bridesmaids to buy their own dresses. They are supposed to be honored that you have chosen them to be a part of YOUR special day! It would be nice to check and see if they might have any requests (dress styles don't look good an every body type, they may need to start saving now also so give them plenty of notice) that will fit into what you are wanting for YOUR special day. You are the bride! You are the most beautiful person there! It is your day that is supposed to celebrate the love that you and your groom have found! You decide how you would like your wedding to be and plan it that way! It would be considerate to listen and compromise (as much as you are comfortable with) with your family and his family. Your guests should be honored to spend your special day with you. You too should be honored that they have chosen to take part in your day. Be respectful, appreciative, and kind...but most of all ENJOY THE MOST IMPORTANT DAY OF YOUR LIFE!!!!! Blessings to you and yours!
That is very generous of you. Normally, they pay for all of that. I felt bad about it, though. I budgeted to pay for the dresses (only 3 girls for me). They were a little expensive. Someone on here wrote to leave their costs around or under $200, and I think that sounds really good. If you want something expensive, you should chip in for the dress.
It is more then fair. My girls are buying their dresses and I am going to take them to get their nails done. They should have known what they were signing up for. If one of your girls have trouble you could offer to help her.
I don't think that you should make them pay, it is YOUR wedding you should pay for the costs of their dresses and stuff. Sometimes it can make your friends resent being your bridesmaids, especially if they can't really afford it. Personally I wouldn't make them pay for any of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment