Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I bite my nails and when they are really short it kind of smells bad at the point of my finger. Isthis normal?

ugh .. i just threw up in my mouth a little ...I bite my nails and when they are really short it kind of smells bad at the point of my finger. Isthis normal?
Your hands/nail should not smell - it is not normal. You need to wash your hands with warm water and antibacterial soap. Make sure to use a nail brush, so you can really scrub underneath your fingernails. Please stop biting nails. It is not healthy you can get really sick. A bacteria called Staph. can reside under your nails and if you ingest it, it can really do some damage to your body.I bite my nails and when they are really short it kind of smells bad at the point of my finger. Isthis normal?
When nails are too short, they can act like a sponge for bacteria, your nail beds will be exposed and can subsequently get infected. It might sound corny but that nail product that tastes disgusting when you try and bite really works, as it protects the area, stops infection and then stops you biting, give that a try. Also, your nail beds will also draw in odours from cooking, so try and keep your fingers away from strong smelling foodstuffs until your nails recover and grow.
Try washing your hands after you have had your fingers up your back blower.
This is not normal. The smell is caused by a fungus very closely related to athelete's foot. Go to the drug store and consult a pharmacist.
no, you need to wash your hands a lot more frequently than you obviously do.
YUCK


Best try to stop it now, a mate of mine had to take her son to the Dr's as he got worms from biting his nails! if that doesn't give u a reason to stop nothing will!
i don't think so. get some antibacterial stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment