Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I want to get gel or acrylic nails and do them myself. How do you do It? which one is better?

Is It safe? what do I have to buy?I want to get gel or acrylic nails and do them myself. How do you do It? which one is better?
I am going to advise you not to do this...


it may seem like a good idea..


but it's not


I studied cosmetology for three years


and nail care/acrylic nails for a few months of my second year and most of my third year....


I now have my license to work in a salon


and ive even been to competion for doing acrylics..


however...for a beginner


acrylics can be veryy tough...


I didn't even get the hang of them until practicing


for about 3 weeks..


and even then i wasnt perfect


it's a lot harder than it looks..


if you dont apply correctly or if you make your solution too water or too lumpy it can be a BIG mess..


and if you get acrylic on your skin


its gonna hurt tryna get it off...


unless you soak it in acetone..


and none of the stuff that you can buy at a regular beauty supply store is really that great anyway..


and if you dont know what your doing it can be unsafe..I want to get gel or acrylic nails and do them myself. How do you do It? which one is better?
I don't really think its safe at all if you do it yourself. You aren't trained to do so. But if you must...it would be easier to do acrylic on your own.
Of course its safe, but if its done improperly, you can develop fungus under your nails. i'd get them done professionally.
  • makeup application
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment